Monday, July 26, 2010

New York Sunrise/Quilt Odyssey Show in Hershey, PA

It has been so hot here, that I stayed in and was finally able to complete the New York Beauty wall hanging top.  I am re-naming it NY Sunrise.  It was all paper pieced except the pie-shape, so it was a little bit of a challenge, but I am becoming more comfortable with the process.  I am going to machine quilt it with a simple design.  The fabric and pattern speak for themselves.  I found a great batik backing with purples, oranges and a little green.  It should make a nice accent.  Now it is back to the double wedding ring and ocean waves tops.

I did take a little time to drive up to Hershey, PA on Saturday to go to the Quilt Odyssey show. It is only a 2-1/2 hour drive.  My daughter and granddaughter went to chocolate world and I went to the show. They gave out samples at chocolate world.  My granddaughter is 2 years old.  You get the picture...my daughter looked like box of chocolates exploded all over her clothes. :0)   It is a nice show, not too big and just enough vendors.  This time I had my camera with me, but forgot to check for a memory card and the memory became full after 3 photos.  But the quilts were gorgeous.  I will post in a few days.

5 comments:

Rhoda said...

Your NY Sunrise is truly a beauty! I'm sure it was a challange.

Quiltluver said...

Your quilt is very pretty! I've always wanted to go to the Hershey quilt show, but it is a bit too far for me.

Piece by Piece said...

Love your NY Sunrise, great name as it does look like several sunrises.
our guild is having an Orange Peel workshop in Nov. it's going to be a challange for me, as I have done very little paper piecing.
Great job, Patricia.

bernie said...

I have never tried paper piecing, but your quilt top is lovely. All those nice points! You did a great job with the colors. Bernie

Barb H said...

Beautiful quilt. I'm sure it will be a winner when you enter it in a show.