Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Hexie Fever

Despite the incredible heat wave we are having here on the East Coast, I have been sewing on projects...starting new ones (I shouldn't do that) and working on an endless pile of UFO's and flimsies. 


And so continues my love of everything Hexie.   This is my latest creation based on the Half-Hexie quilt tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I used about 100 different Aboriginal prints.  There are a couple of repeats, but I only repeated a fabric when I needed a punch of color.  The Aboriginal prints tend to be rather dark some times.  I love the large prints and this pattern allowed me to showcase the beauty of the Aboriginal patterned prints. It almost looks like a stain-glass window. It is going to the quilter soon, as it is a gift for one of my grand-daughters.  I love this pattern, so I will probably experiment with another version soon...maybe holiday fabrics or give it a modern look with lots of lime green, tangerine and turquoise.


I think this one turned out really well.  What do you think?  More to come soon...








1 comment:

Barb H said...

Do I think it turned out "really well"? No. I think it turned out gorgeous! It's just beautiful and your granddaughter will love it.