Monday, January 29, 2018

Catching Up...

Hi everyone.  It has been over a year since I last posted in my blog.  I was dealing with some challenging health issues and wasn't sure that I would be able to post again.  Thankfully, my health and my spirit are on the mend and I feel like catching up a little.  This will be a very short post.  I had 2 monumental adventures over the last year.  My granddaughter and I took a quilting cruise to Bermuda.  We traveled with Cottonwood Quilt shop out of Charlottesville, VA.  No classes, no set schedules - Just quilt Rest and Relaxation.  It was fun and my granddaughter had a ball.  They had a kid's camp on board so while I was sewing UFOs in the sewing room, she was hanging out with about 50 kids her age having fun.  Just a few pictures from the island.  Absolutely beautiful.





Then, in October, I received clearance from my doctors to travel to Houston, TX for the big quilt show.  It was a blast!  The quilts on display were beyond belief.  And quilt personalities were everywhere.  Jenny Doan, Ebony Love to name a few. I will add photos of my favorite quilts on the next post.   I still don't know how to take pictures.   I looked at every one of the quilts there at least once.  And visited each vendor.  Not much buying.  I bought 6 fat quarters, a magnetic pin holder and some charm squares.  That was it.  So much amazing talent and creativity.  Until next time.


2 comments:

Regina said...

I was happy to read your post and glad to see you are doing better. Welcome back!

Livin' Blue Quilter said...

Thank you Regina. I am blessed and happy to do what I love.