Sunday, July 24, 2011

Trash to Treasure Pineapple Challenge Quilt

I accepted Gyleen Fitzgerald's challenge to make a small 4-block pineapple quilt based on her method and pineapple ruler.  This is the first challenge that I have participated in as I am not a perfect quilter and prefer not be under the scrutiny of the quilt police.  But I like pineapple quilts and the challenge was to use fabrics from your stash (Trash to Treasure) and to add applique.  The cornucopia is my first attempt at machine applique.   Each participant was challenged to interpret the month of their choice.  I chose November, my birthday month and the month of my favorite holiday - Thanksgiving.  Any way, it was an interesting and fun diversion and I will probably not do another challenge quilt for a long time.  I named my little quilt November Harvest.

No comments: